Here at Russell WBHO, we have a solid pipeline of work into 2024/25 and have a portfolio of exciting projects including:
- New Build Hotels: £30M – £45M
- Industrial / Cold Stores: £6 – £20M
- New Build / Refurb high-end office space: £16M – £95M
We are looking for an Estimator (or Assistant with experience looking to progress to Estimator position) to work within our dynamic and forward-thinking Pre-Construction Department based from our Trafford Park (Manchester) Head Office. The role for the successful candidate will involve responsibility for the management and preparation of tender submissions and bids in accordance with company processes and procedures reporting to Board Directors.
Russell WBHO promote professional development and progress with a successful candidate’s role to include the following:
- Work across a wide range of sectors and projects with varying teams to adopt an estimating strategy accordingly
- Work on a variety of tendering and cost preparation formats including singe stage competitive, 2-stage, negotiated, cost plans and budgets
- Manage incoming tender documentation including addendums and instructions
- Collate tender enquiry documents and issue to subcontractors and the wider supply chain
- Undertake a detailed tender analysis and evaluation process of returns for compliance, scope review, accuracy of quantification, preliminaries / attendances, T&C’s
- Participate in assessment of subcontractor and supply chain selection (detailed tender evaluation process) to determine full specification compliance and robust pricing returns
- Ensure that the appropriate quantification measures and checks are undertaken
- Work within wider Pre-Construction team in compiling bids with coordination and interface between operational, management, planning and design management functions.
- Maintain commercial and market awareness including demonstration of build/Sq Ft rates for appraisal assessments and cost planning
- Maintain awareness of current construction techniques and use of contemporary materials.
- Provide continuous feedback and ensure this is maintained with the wider Quantity Surveying department – obtaining actual project costs and conducting analysis of market prices/live cost data to assist with benchmarking
Key attributes will also include:
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Products including Excel
- Use of estimating software packages including Conquest and associated measuring tools such as Conquest On-Screen Take Off and Onsight
- Good and effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Contribute creative and innovative ideas
- Self-motivated and organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full UK Driving License
Should you wish to apply for this role, please complete the form below or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org headed “Estimator Position”.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
The Russell WBHO Recruitment Team