Here at Russell WBHO, we have a solid pipeline of work into 2024/25 and have a portfolio of exciting projects including:
- New Build Hotels: £30M – £45M
- Industrial / Cold Stores: £6 – £20M
- New Build / Refurb high-end office space: £16M – £95M
An opportunity has arisen to join our collaborative, professional team as a Building Services Manager.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record & will have experience of:
- Estimating incoming utility demands and liaison with the relevant authorities
- Reviewing and critiquing MEP design specifications and drawings (ideally from an experienced Mechanical bias to meet immediate business needs)
- Actively contributing to the Design Management process, working closely with our Lead Design Manager’s and construction professionals through the full project lifecycle
- Influencing designs to promote buildability and cost efficiency
- Net Zero, sustainability & energy/carbon related matters – helping both the Business and our Clients achieve their obligations & commitments
- Working with supply chain partners to develop optimal delivery solutions
- CDM Regulations, Regulatory Approvals and Planning Conditions
- Compiling and negotiating MEP Consultant and Sub-contractor Appointments / Design Responsibility Matrices in collaboration with Russells in-house Lawyer
- Negotiation of planned Design Team Novations with Clients and the subsequent Agreements and Appointments
- Input to Supply Chain interviews, sub-contract procurement processes & specialist’s technical appraisals
- Preparation of Contractors Proposals and Employers Requirements
- Providing support for MEP Technical Queries & RFI’s
- Managing 3rd Party Consents
Key attributes will also include:
- Interpersonal skills – ability to effectively liaise with Internal and External Project Teams, the Pre-Construction and Building Services Departments whilst reporting to the Head of Building Services/SMT/Directors as necessary
- An attention to detail whilst retaining a strategic overview, to meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of construction techniques, sequences, methodologies and processes
- A well-read understanding of Building Services British Standard Regulations and Industry Best Practice Guidance
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Should you wish to apply for this role, please complete the form below or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org headed “Building Services Manager Position”.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
The Russell WBHO Recruitment Team