Here at Russell WBHO, we have a solid pipeline of work into 2024/25 and have a portfolio of exciting projects including:
- New Build Hotels: £30M – £45M
- Industrial / Cold Stores: £6 – £20M
- New Build / Refurb high-end office space: £16M – £95M
An opportunity has arisen to join the Business as a Senior member of the Commercial Team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the field & will have experience of:
- Leading teams and/or operating in a Senior Position in large project commercial teams.
- Carrying out the commercial function throughout the lifecycle of schemes from pre-contract and pre-construction through construction into the aftercare period.
- Preparation of Main Contract Documents including preparation of Contractor’s Proposals and Employers Requirements as well as Sub-Contract Documents and Consultants Appointments.
- Maintaining and building relationships with all Project stakeholders, i.e. Clients and Employers, Funders, Consultants and Supply Chain.
- Working closely with the Pre-Construction Departments, Operational Leads, HSEQ Teams, members of the Senior Management Team and Board Directors.
- Completing all commercial fundamental elements of construction schemes, i.e. timeous and accurate procurement, internal cost budgeting and reporting, risk and opportunity management, operation of the mechanisms of commonly used forms of contract.
- Supporting Employee development of all staff, especially direct reports via mentoring, Personal Development Review process and active involvement with the Building Student Programme.
Key attributes will also include:
- The ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems and motivate Teams
- Commercial & Contractual acuity
- Attention to detail, planning and logical thinking whilst meeting deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of construction techniques, sequences, methodologies and processes
- Highly organised and methodical
- Solid presentation skills – verbal & written
- Excellent negotiation skills
Should you wish to apply for this role, please complete the form below or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org headed “Senior QS Position”.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
The Russell WBHO Recruitment Team