Here at Russell WBHO, we have a solid pipeline of work into 2024/25 and have a portfolio of exciting projects including:
- New Build Hotels: £30M – £45M
- Industrial / Cold Stores: £6 – £20M
- New Build / Refurb high-end office space: £16M – £95M
An opportunity has arisen to join the Business as a member of the core Commercial Team at a Project Quantity Surveyor level with the potential for continued career development and progression to more Senior Positions.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the field & will have experience of:
- Commercially leading small to medium sized projects or operating as part of larger project commercial teams.
- Pro-actively managing the functions of financial management, risk and opportunity identification, internal cost budgeting and reporting, operation of the contractual mechanisms of payment, notices, final accounts, etc.
- Providing input to the preparation of Main Contract Documents including Contractor’s Proposals and Employers Requirements.
- Timeous, accurate procurement and preparation of Sub-Contracts incorporating all contractual, operational and HSEQ requirements.
- Playing a part in developing and maintaining relationships with all Project stakeholders such as Clients, Employers, Funders, Consultants and Supply Chain.
- Working collaboratively and proactively with wider internal teams and individuals including the Operational, Design Management and HSEQ Departments.
- Carrying out the fundamental functions of financial management of schemes, risk and opportunity identification, internal cost budgeting and reporting, operation of the contractual mechanisms of payment, notices, final accounts, etc.
- Engages in personal development with the ability to manage Assistant QS as direct reports.
Key attributes will also include:
- The ability and willingness to face challenges and solve problems
- Commercial & Contractual acuity
- Attention to detail, planning and logical thinking whilst meeting deadlines
- Good working knowledge of construction techniques, sequences, methodologies and processes
- Highly organised and methodical
- Solid presentation skills – verbal & written
- Good negotiation skills
Should you wish to apply for this role, please complete the form below or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org headed “Project QS Position”.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
The Russell WBHO Recruitment Team