Here at Russell WBHO, we have a solid pipeline of work into 2024/25 and have a portfolio of exciting projects including:
- New Build Hotels: £30M – £45M
- Industrial / Cold Stores: £6 – £20M
- New Build / Refurb high-end office space: £16M – £95M
An opportunity has arisen to join our Design Management Team, initially with our dynamic Industrial/Cold Store Team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the field & will have experience of:
- The full project life-cycle – from inception through to project handover and customer care
- Leading all aspects of the Design Management of live bids / schemes through the full project lifecycle
- Influencing designs to promote buildability and cost efficiency
- Net Zero, sustainability & energy/carbon related matters – helping both the Business and our Clients achieve their obligations & commitments
- Working with supply chain partners to develop optimal delivery solutions
- CDM Regulations, Regulatory Approvals and Planning Conditions
- Compiling and negotiating Consultant and Sub-Contractor Appointments / Design Responsibility Matrices in collaboration with Russells in-house Lawyer
- Input to Supply Chain interviews, sub-contract procurement processes & specialist’s technical appraisals
- Preparation of Contractors Proposals and Employers Requirements
- Providing support for Technical Queries & RFI’s
- Managing 3rd Party Consents
- Preparation of Contractors Proposals/Employers Requirements
- Maintaining, continuing and building Client relationships
- Supporting Employee development via active input into the Building Student Programme
Key attributes will also include:
- Effective communication skills – with the ability and willingness to face challenges and solve problems
- Excellent working knowledge of construction techniques, sequences, methodologies and processes
- Highly organised and methodical
- Solid presentation skills – verbal & written
- Commercial & Contractual awareness
- Interpersonal skills – ability to effectively liaise with Internal and External Project Teams, the Pre-Construction and Building Services Departments whilst reporting to the Project Lead/SMT/Directors as necessary
- An attention to detail whilst retaining a strategic overview, to meet demanding deadlines
- A well-read understanding of Building Regulations and Industry Best Practice Guidance etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Should you wish to apply for this role, please complete the form below or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org headed “Design Manager – Industrial/Cold Stores Position”.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
The Russell WBHO Recruitment Team